Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tulips Planting

Dear IGC members-

I am extending an invitation to anyone in the Garden Club who wants to help plant tulip bulbs this year.

I recently went to Messelaars http://www.tulipbulbs.com and got 450 bulbs consisting of varieties of carmine rose with thin gold edge, canary yellow with flannel red, deep scarlet, and then Hyacinths which Pieter recommended, to plant amongst the tulips and down at the Getty station. The Garden Club purchased 150 of the bulbs and Messelaars donated the rest. Pieter is so gracious and generous every time I come to his store.

I am hoping we can plant next Saturday morning, the 12th. If the weather isn't good--rain only, we would plant the following weekend.

Anyone who is interested, I am starting early around 7am.

Thank you.
Ann

Ann Wright -  Town Beautification Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Members,
Please leave your comments here.